Dental Implants in Westminster, CO.
If you are in need of a dental crown and want the convenience of having it done in one visit, give Monarch Family Dental a call today!
Dental emergency? No problem! We accept dental emergency patients until 9pm Monday-Thursday. Call ahead to let us know you're on your way and we'll be ready when you get here.
0% Financing (Care Credit)
Monarch Family Dental works with CareCredit® financing options to make sure your family gets the dental care they need.
Se Habla Español!
Dr. Rojas y sus empleados hablan español. Ellos estan deseosos de prover un excelente servicio dental a la comunidad Hispana de Colorado.
Whether you’re considering getting a dental implant primarily for cosmetic reasons or as an alternative to a removable denture, there are many different types of dental implants available.
At Monarch Family Dental of Westminster, our team has a great depth of experience with many types of dental implants. Regardless of position or complexity, we can replace a single tooth or several teeth with a high-quality implant that is designed to last while giving you a highly appealing, aesthetically pleasing implant restoration.
What are dental implants?
A dental implant is a metal frame or post that is surgically placed into the jaw below your gum line. Once a dental implant is in place, a dentist will then be able to insert and place replacement teeth onto them.
What are the advantages of dental implants?
There are many reasons why people choose dental implants.
- They have a near-identical appearance to a natural tooth
- Implants are a long-term solution; with the right care, they can last for a long time
- They can help to prevent bone loss and actively stimulate new bone growth
- Implants function in the same way a natural tooth does
- Dental implants can help to support your facial structure as you age
- Over their lifetime, a dental implant is a cost-effective solution
- Compared to wearing dentures, a dental implant will not limit the food you eat
- They are able to be brushed and flossed like natural teeth, making home care easy
- Dental implants have a very high success rate, offering predictable outcomes
There are lots of options to consider, and whether or not a dental implant is right for you will depend on your individual situation. If this is something you are considering, it’s always a good idea to speak with a dentist so they can discuss the most suitable options for your unique needs.
At Monarch Family Dental of Westminster, you can feel reassured that you are benefiting from decades of collective experience within our team. If required, we can support you with a range of financial options to ensure your dental implant is as affordable as it is effective.
Dr. Jorge Rojas and his team are here to help you select the best treatment for you.
How successful are dental implants?
As any good dentist will tell you, the success of a dental implant will depend largely on a number of factors. The probable success rate will depend on the location of the implant, and of course, the care that is taken with it once it is in place.
Smoking and poor oral hygiene are two major factors that can reduce the chances of success and the longevity of the implant. However, generally speaking, dental implants can be more than 95% effective. With the right care, they can last a lifetime.
Implants or bridges, which is right for me?
Both dental bridges and implants provide solutions for missing teeth. If you’re considering which option could be best for you, then your dentist will usually be best placed to review these with you.
An implant will recreate the same hold of a root and is fixed into the jawbone. In contrast, dental bridges are utilized to support a replacement tooth between two crowns.
Dental bridges can put a greater strain on the surrounding structures because they are not secured into the jawbone like an implant. Dental implants are designed to withstand a similar level of pressure to a natural tooth, whereas dental bridges can weaken over the course of their lifetime and require further restorations.
Price of Treatment
The cost for dental bridges is fairly comparable to implants. Aside from the fact that a single dental implant cannot be used to replace multiple teeth, they require fewer visits to the clinic and are notably simpler to place. On the other hand, dental implants take a long time before they can be fully installed, and if you need to replace multiple teeth, you will need an implant for each tooth.
Length of Treatment
Dental bridges can be placed quickly, typically between 1-3 weeks. Dental implants do take longer and can take anywhere between 3 and 6 months.
Either option will require you to keep good levels of oral care and hygiene.
While both options can help you restore your natural smile, dental implants are more discreet than dental bridges. This is because bridges do not get embedded below the gums and, depending on their location in the mouth, have the potential to be visible behind or between replacement teeth.
The biggest advantages of dental implants are their durability, stability, and the ongoing support they provide for the surrounding teeth and bone. On the other hand, placement of the final dental bridge is quicker. Both will require ongoing maintenance and good levels of oral hygiene.
Can anyone get dental implants?
Almost anybody who has suffered from tooth loss, whether they have lost all of their teeth or lost a number of teeth, is a potential candidate for a dental implant. However, there are some exceptions to this rule.
- Patients with bone conditions or insufficient bone structure in the area needing an implant
- Younger patients who are still developing
- If you have any periodontal disease, this should be minimal and under control
- Certain medical conditions, such as cancer, blood clotting, diabetes, drug abuse, and certain conditions that impact the immune system could rule out a dental implant.
Your dentist will need to check that you have a good oral hygiene regime as keeping your teeth free from any plaque will be a success factor for your dental implant.
Although being a smoker will not prevent you from getting an implant, it can reduce the overall chance of its success. Aside from the fact it can impact the healing process, it is bad for the long-term health of your gums. Stopping smoking will increase the likelihood of success with your dental implant.
If you would like to find out if you can get a dental implant or not, then your next step should be to contact our team and make an initial consultation appointment with Dr. Jorge Rojas.
At your consultation visit, photographs, x-rays, and models of your teeth may be taken in order to assist Dr. Rojas and our team in creating a treatment plan and give you a breakdown of any associated costs. All of the data together will help the dentist ascertain the best position for the implant, the number of implants needed, and it will also provide insights into the quality and volume of bone in your jaw.
Thinking about getting a dental implant?
If you are thinking about getting a dental implant, please talk to your dentist about your options on your next visit or call our friendly team to make an appointment for a free consultation.
Dental Implants Periodontist - It's Time To Get Your Smile Back!
- The price of dental implants can vary greatly, just give us a call to learn more
- The dental implant procedure is simple and has a very high success rate
- Dental insurance can make the costs of dental implants much more affordable, especially for full mouth procedures
- Dr. Jorge Rojas is a local, top rated implant dentist, he will explain all of your options in detail during the initial exam
- If you are having problems with your current dental implants, we can help fix, restore or replace them
- We are one of the best dental implant offices in Adams County based on Google reviews